Monday, September 21, 2009

A Prediction For The Republican Party

The '08 election argued that the GOP is essentially a regional party, with little or no productive role to play in the governing of America. I have referred to them in the past as "a confederacy of white nationalists and robber barons," and now it seems a recent poll is supporting my claim.

This is a graph created by Steve Bennen that I saw over at Ezra Klein's blog. It breaks down GOP support by region, and the numbers do not look good for the Repubs.


MonkeyCage has the line of the day with this gem,

"Quite seriously, if I saw this type of regional distribution of support for a political party in a country like Slovakia, I would assume the party represented an ethnic minority."

It's funny, because the GOP hates ethnic minorities! Oh, man, that is too good.

No comments: