Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Good Thing I Got Hit the Face With a Baseball

From the Guardian, as I was looking for that story about how Hillary Clinton will be our next SecState.

They give Action Man a certain ruggedness and bestow instant testosterone on movie heroes, and according to British psychologists, facial scars can also make men more attractive to the opposite sex.

Men with mild facial scars were typically ranked as more appealing by women who were looking for a brief relationship, though they were not considered better as marriage material, a study found.

I used to think that the small scar on my lip from getting a baseball in the face was a bad thing. Turns out, getting a baseball in my face might've been the best thing that ever happened to me! I'm especially fond of that part about not being marriage material.

"You just want me for tonight. That's how it's supposed to be. Look at this minor baseball-in-the-face induced scar. When you wake up I'll be gone...."

No comments: